- History of Sports Illustrated
- Why Sell Sports Illustrated Magazines?
- Who Buys Sports Illustrated Magazines?
- How to Sell Sports Illustrated Magazines
- Pricing of Sports Illustrated Magazines
- Tips for Selling Sports Illustrated Magazines
- Frequently Asked Questions about Sports Illustrated Magazines
Looking to sell your old Sports Illustrated magazines? Here are a few places where you can get top dollar for your collection!
Checkout this video:
If you are looking to sell your Sports Illustrated magazines, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, the value of your magazines will depend on their condition and age. Generally speaking, older and rarer issues will be worth more than newer ones. Second, you need to decide whether you want to sell them individually or as a group. And finally, you need to choose the right venue for selling them.
There are a few different options when it comes to selling Sports Illustrated magazines. You can sell them online, through a dealer, or at a sporting goods store. Each option has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you.
History of Sports Illustrated
Since its inception in 1954, Sports Illustrated has been one of the most popular sports magazines in the United States. It covers a wide variety of sports, including baseball, basketball, football, golf, hockey, and more. Every week, millions of Americans turn to Sports Illustrated for the latest news and information on their favorite sports teams and players.
Over the years, Sports Illustrated has also become known for its iconic covers. Some of the most famous SI covers include Muhammad Ali standing over Sonny Liston after knocking him out in 1965, Michael Jordan crying after winning his first NBA championship in 1991, and Tiger Woods hugging his son after winning the Masters in 2019.
In addition to its weekly magazine, Sports Illustrated also publishes a website and a monthly swimsuit issue. TheSI.com is a leading sports website that attracts millions of visitors each month. And the annual SI Swimsuit Issue is one of the most anticipated issues of any magazine each year.
Why Sell Sports Illustrated Magazines?
Many people collect magazines, and Sports Illustrated is one of the most popular types to collect. If you have some old issues that you no longer want, you may be wondering where to sell them.
There are a few reasons why you might want to sell your Sports Illustrated magazines. Maybe you’re running out of space and need to declutter, or maybe you’re trying to make some extra money. Whatever your reason, there are a few things to keep in mind when you’re selling.
The first thing to think about is condition. Sports Illustrated is a collectible magazine, so the condition of your magazines will affect their value. If your magazines are in good condition, they will be worth more than if they are in poor condition. It’s also important to think about whether or not your magazines are autographed. Autographed magazines can be worth significantly more than non-autographed magazines.
Another thing to consider is whether or not you have complete sets of magazines. Complete sets are often more valuable than single issues. If you have multiple issues of a particular year or series, that can also increase the value of your collection.
Finally, it’s important to think about who might be interested in buying your Sports Illustrated magazines. There are a few different type of collectors: those who collect by sports team, those who collect by player, and those who collect by issue date. Knowing who your potential buyers might be will help you determine where to sell your magazines and how much to charge for them.
With all of this in mind, here are a few places where you can sell your Sports Illustrated magazine collection:
-Online auction sites like eBay or Craigslist
-Collectible magazine dealerships like Mighty Fine Comics or West side Comics
-Local comic book stores or sports memorabilia shops
-Through classified ads in collector’s magazines like Gary Dolgoff Comics
Who Buys Sports Illustrated Magazines?
There are a number of companies that buy Sports Illustrated magazines, either for resale or for use in promotions. Some companies that have been known to purchase SI magazines include:
-Half Price Magazines
How to Sell Sports Illustrated Magazines
Sports Illustrated is a sports magazine that was first published in August 1954. It has since become one of the most popular sports magazines in the world, with a circulation of over 3 million. If you have old issues of Sports Illustrated collecting dust on your shelves, you may be wondering where to sell them. Here are a few tips on how to get the most money for your magazines:
1. Check the condition of your magazines. Sports Illustrated magazines are collectible items, so the condition will affect their value. Make sure to check for any water damage, missing pages, or other damage that could reduce their value.
2. Find comparable sales. When you’re trying to determine how much your magazines are worth, it’s helpful to find comparable sales. Check online auction sites and online classifieds to see what similar magazines are selling for. This will give you a good starting point for pricing your own magazines.
3. Determine the best selling platform. Once you’ve determined how much your magazines are worth, you need to decide where to sell them. There are a few different options available, including online classifieds, online auctions, and brick-and-mortar stores specializing in collectibles. Each option has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you.
4. List your magazines for sale. Once you’ve chosen a selling platform, it’s time to list your magazines for sale. Be sure to include clear photos and detailed descriptions so potential buyers know exactly what they’re getting.
5. Ship your magazines carefully. Once you’ve sold your magazines, it’s important to ship them carefully so they arrive in good condition. Wrap them securely in bubble wrap or packing paper and send them using a tracked shipping method to ensure they arrive safely at their destination
Pricing of Sports Illustrated Magazines
Many people are unaware of the value of their Sports Illustrated magazines. While some people may think that they are worth a few dollars at most, others may be surprised to learn that their collection could actually be worth quite a bit of money. The amount that you can get for your magazines will depend on a number of factors, including the age of the magazine, the condition of the magazine, and the current market value.
If you are looking to sell your Sports Illustrated magazines, there are a few places that you can start your search. One option is to contact a local sports memorabilia dealer or collector. These individuals will usually be interested in purchasing magazines that are in good condition and that are from specific years or issues. Another option is to search online for dealers or collectors who specialize in buying and selling Sports Illustrated magazines. There are also a number of online auction sites where you can list your magazines for sale. These sites typically have a large audience of potential buyers, which can increase your chances of selling your magazines for a higher price.
Tips for Selling Sports Illustrated Magazines
If you have old Sports Illustrated magazines taking up space, you may be wondering where to sell them. While the magazine is no longer being printed, there is still a market for back issues. Here are a few tips for how to sell your Sports Illustrated magazines:
-Check the value of your issue online. Collectors will pay more for certain issues, such as those with a popular cover or a historic event.
-Decide whether to sell individually or in bulk. If you have a large collection, selling in bulk may be more efficient. However, you will likely get more money selling each issue individually.
-List your magazines for sale online. There are a number of websites and forums dedicated to buying and selling collectible magazines.
-Set realistic expectations for how much you will make. While some issues are worth hundreds of dollars, most will only sell for a few dollars each.
-Be patient when selling your magazines. It may take some time to find buyers for all of your issues.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sports Illustrated Magazines
Here are some frequently asked questions about Sports Illustrated magazine subscriptions:
· How much does a subscription to Sports Illustrated cost?
A subscription to Sports Illustrated typically costs $39.99 for 56 issues, although the price may vary depending on the retailer.
· How often is Sports Illustrated published?
Sports Illustrated is published weekly, with new issues hitting newsstands every Wednesday.
· How do I subscribe to Sports Illustrated?
You can subscribe to Sports Illustrated online at the magazine’s website, through a participating retailer, or by calling customer service at 1-800-843-1515.
· Can I buy a single issue of Sports Illustrated?
Yes, you can purchase single issues of Sports Illustrated at most newsstands or through the website for $4.99 per issue.
· How do I contact customer service for Sports Illustrated?
The customer service number for Sports Illustrated is 1-800-843-1515, and the hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST. You can also contact customer service by email at [email protected] or by live chat on the website.
It is important to note that there is no one perfect place to sell Sports Illustrated magazines. The best option for selling your magazines will vary depending on a number of factors, including the condition of the magazines, how many you have to sell, and how quickly you need to sell them. With a little research, you should be able to find a buyer that meets your needs.
1) Contact sports teams, stadiums, and arenas. They may be interested in purchasing the magazines for giveaways or to sell in their souvenir shops.
2) Try local businesses that cater to sports fans, such as sports bars or restaurants. They may be willing to sell the magazines to their customers.
3) Talk to youth sports leagues. The parents and guardians of young athletes are often avid sports fans, and they would likely be interested in buying the magazines.
4) See if there are any collectibles stores in your area that deal in sports memorabilia. They may want to purchase the magazines as part of their inventory.